July 12, 2018
- Wastewater Bargaining Update
- VEBA Update
- Request for Leave Donations
- Reorganization of Transit Division
- July 18 Regular Meeting
1. Wastewater Bargaining Update
TEA WW Bargaining Team met with the County team on June 19 to mediate on the WW Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). TEA asked the County to make an offer to TEA to stay on JLMIC total compensation benefits. TEA also asked for a COLA for all four years of the contract and commensurate range adjustments. The next meeting will be on July 25, and the County has said it will come back with a proposal. A subsequent meeting has been scheduled for August 8.
2. VEBA Update
As noted in the last TEA Times, TEA needs an underlying agreement with the County before it can ask eligible retiring members to vote on VEBA. The Board voted on June 20 to withdraw from VEBA until TEA has an agreement.
3. Request for Leave Donations
Jacob Sheppard (Wastewater) is in need of leave donations.
Anyone wishing to donate leave time should complete a leave donation form, available here — <http://www.kingcounty.gov/audience/employees/benefits/leaves.aspx> — and submit the completed form to the respective Human Resources department for processing. Please review the donor requirements at the webpage above, or on the form itself.
4. Reorganization of Transit DivisionJanuary 1, 2019 is the target for completing the “Division to Department” (d2D) process of making Transit its own department. The first meetings between management and the TEA Transit Bargaining were held on June 20 and July 3. Ceci Mena is a Labor Strategist leading the process of working with the labor organizations on the re-structuring. Recently, Rob Gannon announced that Jim Devereux was hired as the new Assistant General Manager of the Employee Services Division. Mr Devereux may be involved in the labor negotiations as well.
5. July 18 Regular Meeting
The next Regular Meeting for members is on July 18 in Conference Room 4-C, King Street Center.
Join by phone: 1.206.263.8114 (Washington state)
Conference ID: 986139
Alton Gaskill, President
Michael Sands, Vice President
Gillian Zacharias, Secretary
Sally Turner, Treasurer
Roger Browne, Wastewater Bargaining Chair
Jerry Williams, Transit Bargaining Chair
Ken Madden, Council of Representatives Chair